For those people who want to quit smoking, the Tobacco Control Research Branch of the National Cancer Institute, which is part of the National Institutes of Health, has established a website called Smokefree.gov.
Publications available are:
- "Clearing the Air: Quit Smoking Today" for those interested in quitting
- "Clear Horizons" for those over the age of 50
- "Forever Free" for those who have recently quit
- "Guia para Dejar de Fumar" for those who speak Spanish
- "Pathways to Freedom: Winning the Fight Against Tobacco" for those who are African American
The NCI's Smoking Quitline is 1-877-44U-QUIT (1-877-448-7848).
The state has a toll-free hotline: 1-800-QUIT-NOW (1-800-784-8669)
Robert G. Tupac, DDS, FACP, Inc., Diplomate, American Board of Prosthodontics (661) 325-1275 | www.drtupac.com 5060 California Ave., #170, Bakersfield, CA 93309